How to Make it Move:
Action Plan Items for Discussion
Share our Vision:
- Bring an endorsed statement to CAW and Quebec Councils for adoption.
- Hold regional meetings with environmental and urban development groups to present our vision, seek feedback and build alliances.
- Bring our vision statement to provincial and local labour councils for review and possible adoption.
- Present our vision and policy proposals to federal, provincial and municipal leaders.
- Present our vision and policy proposals to business organizations, chambers of commerce, economic development offices.
Build Community Alliances:
- Organize regional workers' and citizens' summits on transportation.
- Lead community and workplace transportation needs assessments.
- Engage with, or establish, "Transit Users Unions" in our communities.
Develop Educational Workshops and Materials:
- Develop specific educational sessions for our workplaces.
- Develop popular materials on specifically how to green the auto, and other manufacturing, industries.
Develop and Launch Strategic Campaigns:
- Prioritize legislative demands and organize specific campaigns that include media, events and lobbies of elected leaders.
- Develop and release a report-card on transportation issues to assess the policies of political parties (for use federally, provincially and municipally).
- The National Union, in coordination with the related Sector Councils to make a full report back on progress in two years, and report on initiatives at Council meetings, and at Sector Councils, until then.
Download The We Make it Move plan : Click Here